Anja (pictured above) has fine textured hair. Its the type of hair that gives that “slept in ” look naturally so when she arrived on set last Sunday for our Elle shoot the base in her hair was perfect as a starting point.
I cant show you more than the hair from this shoot as we need to wait for the images to be published . It’s a beautiful story and in April I will feature it for you.
So to create for yourself the same hair texture ,this is what i did.
- Shampoo and condition your hair the night before; On waking, the texture should be already half done.
- The secret is to not brush or comb your hair, or the texture will be lost.
- Just on waking, turn your head upside down and place some hot wind from a blow dryer into the root area, pulling the roots in the opposite direction to what you want them to go. This will add the root volume.
- Next, throw hair back into place and take some matt mousse (my favourite is Nigelle Matt Scrunch) and just accentuate the texture by adding it through the hair. This drys quickly into place .
- While showering or putting on makeup, pull the hair all up into a high ponytail (without a band) right on the top of head toward the front. Twist the tail in a clockwise position to get a long sausage shape, then turn this around in a circle knot shape and secure ends with one pin. This is my magic trick for getting amazing volume without curl.
Anja herself loved my technique, and took a lesson from me before leaving the studio…
Share pics of your finished look and tag @WendyIles! We’ll share them, promise.