By guest writer – Sofia Andrews
Your hair is your crowning glory. Hence, it makes sense that you exert effort and spend time making sure your locks look great.
On top of it all, the most important thing is to have a healthy mane. When it is lustrous and smooth, you will look good and feel good.
Beyond that, you can also accessorize. Be creative and resourceful. Among others, one thing that you can take advantage of is unused jewelry. Read on and learn from the tips we’ll share hereon!
Get Creative and Accessorize Your Hair With Unused Jewelry
Turn heads with your beautiful mane! First off, focus on growing healthy hair. This will make your hair stand out even more when you accessorize it with unused jewelry. Here are some of the most ingenious ways to take your hairstyle to the next level!
Transform an ordinary bobby pin into a dazzling barrette by decorating them with your unused jewelry. This will only take a few minutes to make. While you’re at it, make some for your besties as well and get a matching look!
Here is a quick step-by-step guide on how you can make a DIY jeweled barrette.
- Choose jewelry that you would like to use for this craft. We suggest choosing something that is not just unused but also old and cheap. You will need to dismantle and glue it on the pin, so it is best if you limit your choices to those with not so much value.
- Use a wire cutter to dismantle the jewelry. You will only need the centerpiece or focal point, like a colorful stone you snip from an earring or necklace.
- Glue the stone on a bobby pin. Do not just use any glue. We recommend E-6000 glue for strong adhesion.
- Let it dry for at least one hour. Wearing it while the glue has not yet settled will damage your hair.
Headband With Earrings and Brooch
If you are looking for a fun and versatile hair accessory, it is hard to go wrong with a headband. Whether you have long or short hair, it will be a great statement piece, especially if you adorn it with unused jewelry including large earrings and brooches.
Follow these simple steps to transform your headband from boring to fab:
- Find a good headband. It is best to get one of a plain color. Match it to the color of your hair. Avoid printed headbands as we want the focus to be on the jewelry.
- Look for a large brooch that you will use. Alternatively, you can also decorate it with a pair of earrings. You can also put a brooch in the middle and the earrings on both sides.
- Glue jewelry on the headband and wait until it dries. Do not position them in the center. Instead, choose whether you want it on the right or left side to create a more dramatic statement.
Do you have a rhinestone necklace collecting dust in your jewelry box? Bring it back into life by turning it into a dazzling hair accessory.
Just like how a necklace dangles on your neck, you can also make it dangle on your mane by doing the following:
- Start by taking off the clasp of the necklace. Cut both ends using a wire cutter.
- Cut a comb and take out two pieces. Each piece should have at least three teeth, so it will stay put in your hair.
- Put glue on the comb and attach it to the necklace. Let it dry for at least 12 hours.
- Tuck one end of the comb on the right side of the back of your head and the other on the left side.
Tips and Tricks for Accessorizing Hair With Unused Jewelry
Take your hair game to the next level! Make the most of your DIY craft and look stunning with these tips.
1. Pick the Right Jewelry:
Your choice of jewelry will have a huge impact on the final look of your hair accessory. We suggest that you choose lab-grown diamonds. They are cheap but stunning. Of course, you should not use natural mined diamonds as they are expensive! Go for more practical options. This way, you won’t be afraid to experiment.
2. Do Not Overdo It
The secret here is to keep it subtle. Limit the number of hair accessories to one or two. Using more can be uncomfortable, especially if the jewelry pieces are bulky and heavy. Less is more, especially if you want to look elegant.
3. Think About Your Hair’s Color
Your hair color will have a huge impact on how unused jewelry will look once it is on your head. If you have dark hair, then you can benefit from using shining and sparkling silver jewelry. For those with light hair colors, on the other hand, colored jewelry might look best.
4. Nurture Your Hair
At the end of the day, even if you have the nicest accessories, if you have rough, brittle, frizzy, dry, and damaged hair, you won’t look and feel good. So, before you even pick an accessory, start by having healthy and nurtured hair. This way, even the simplest accessories can make you stand out.
5. Find the Right Hairstyle
It is not just about the accessories, your hairstyle is equally important. Your Hairstyle must complement the look of the headpiece that you will create. The shorter your hair, the less you should accessorize. On the other hand, longer and thicker hair will require larger accessories. Otherwise, the accessory will look underwhelming.
Do not let your unused jewelry go to waste. Transform it into something stunning! From earrings to necklaces, you can get creative with your jewelry and use it to turn heads with your DIY accessories.
It doesn’t need to stop at jewelry, one can use dried and artificial flowers too. The key however is healthy luxurious locks.