Long hair or short hair? It is a question that girls struggle with all the time. To keep things simple, we're going to help you make the decision that is right for you by showing the pros and cons of both long and short hair. By the time you're done reading this article, you'll be able to weigh the benefits and drawbacks and decide on the length that is right for you.
Short Hair: Short hair can be a great choice for those who want a low-maintenance hairstyle that still looks stylish. It can also be more flattering for those with round faces. Some of the most common short hairstyles include the pixie cut, bob, and undercut.
Long Hair: Long hair is a classic look that never goes out of style. From long, flowing locks to sleek, straight styles, there are so many options for those with long hair. Some of the most popular long hairstyles include long bobs, long layers, and wavy curls.
- About Choice: Think about what kind of look you want to achieve. Do you prefer a more natural look? Or do you want something more daring and edgy? Consider if you want to make a statement with your hair or just keep it simple.
Face Shape: No matter what type of face shape you have, there are hairstyles that can flatter your features. With the right hair maintenance products and accessories, long and short hair can both look great.
The Pros of Long Hair
Hair by Iles Formula Supporter @dennisperanihair
Image sourced from Pinterest
Long hair comes with a lot of unique benefits that will let you enjoy having lengthy locks. Here are some benefits that you should consider:
- You just keep letting your hair grow and keep it neat with a regular trim.
- You can find a million different styles for long hair.
- Long hair is easier to manage since the long strands are easily held together and put into almost any style!
- Long hair is in style all the time. Except for the 1920s, long hair has been in style for the majority of the last century! You'll always have some kind of fashionable means of putting up your hair!
- Long hair is especially beautiful with trendy colors.
- Rainbow-colored hair, mermaid hair, and all the other trendy colors that have emerged in the last decade make long hair look incredible. While you can color shorter hair, it doesn't look as stunning as it does in long hair.
- Most men like the woman's long hair. The standard of femininity. There is a certain unspoken rule that men like beauty with long curls, and the longer the hair, the more attractive the girl. However, this fact has long become a myth, and modern males are more democratic. According to the dating site, https://www.loveaholics.com/about half of men choose photos of girls with short hair. They believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a short haircut if it suits the girl's face. To men, on the contrary, such women seem to be brave and open, easy to experiment and a little daring.
Cons of Long Hair
Take a look at some of the negatives of long hair.
- Longer maintenance, drying, blow drying curling, etc
- Use more shampoo and other products, that can put a dent in your pocketbook.
- More work to maintain and to care for.
- Long hair requires more product and has more surface area to damage. As such, it's harder to care for since there is so much more to it!
- Hair's problems like split ends!
- If you live in a warm climate, long hair is like wearing a hat and scarf it can be quite unpleasant!
- The need to add extra protection. Long hair brings about a plethora of styling options - from curling to straightening, the possibilities are endless. Make sure you protect your hair before using heated styling tools. The Iles Formula Finishing Serum works wonderfully to prevent damage caused by hot tools. Not only does it have built-in heat protection, but it also protects against UV color fade and humidity without ever weighing the hair down. It has the power to make thin hair feel thicker and calms down thick coarse hair. The trick is to ADD HEAT to the serum and blow it dry in.
Pros of Short Hair
Image sourced from Pinterest
Image sourced from Pinterest
Short hair is very attractive and offers unique benefits, too. These are some of the reasons that girls love to keep their hair short.
- Easier to care for and easier to style. When you have short hair, the styling time is cut down to a few minutes compared with long hair. Sure, you can't do as much with the hair, but it's easy to get the look you want.
- Short hair allows you to experiment with coloring more often. Short hair grows to the full length that you want quicker than long hair. That way, you can mess around with the color without causing your hair to become dry and brittle.
- Short hair expells strength of character and confidence.
Cons of Short Hair
Although short hair is easier to wrangle, it also comes with some drawbacks to consider before doing a major cut.
- The need to shampoo your hair more often.
- Regular salon appointments around 4 to 6 weeks to keep cut in place.
- Little variety in hairstyles.
Deciding to keep long or short hair can be a rather difficult decision for some people to make. Now that you have seen both sides of the issue, you can see why both lengths could work or why they aren't for you. With that in mind, you should certainly take time to consider your hairstyle choices before you drastically alter your hair.
- As with all types of coloring - from highlights, balayage to bleaching, it is essential to take care of your hair to prevent damage. Regardless of hair length, ensure you have the best hair care products on your bathroom shelves that are clean, honest, and natural, free from toxic and damaging chemicals. Check out the Iles Formula's range of high-performance haircare that works to repair, nurture and rejuvenate all hair types. The more damaged the hair, the better the results. Consider the Iles Formula Signature Collection containing the sulfate-free + silicon-free + paraben-free nurture shampoo + repair conditioner + protection serum. You can read about this award-winning item here: https://ilesformula.com/signature-collection/.
Is long hair actually more attractive?
Some people find long hair more attractive, while others prefer short hair. Although this is a personal matter, it’s up to you which hairstyle you think gives you the most confidence.
Is long or short hair more aging?
This factor depends largely on your personal preference. Some people feel that long hair can make them look older, while others feel that short hair can do the same. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which style you prefer and feel most comfortable with.
Is long hair hard to maintain?
Long hair requires more maintenance than short hair, as it requires more frequent trims, styling, not to mention the amount of hair products needed to maintain it. For adjusted styling however long hair is easier and allows more variation. A bad hair day… just wrap it up in a chignon and go !
What hair length is flattering?
The most flattering hair length for you will depend on your face shape and lifestyle. Generally, people with oval faces can pull off a variety of lengths.
For more info please read: How To Know What Haircut Suits You.
Which hair makes you look younger? Shorter or longer?
This is again a matter of personal preference. Some people feel that shorter hair makes them look younger, while others feel that longer hair gives them a more youthful look.
Does short hair look healthier?
Short hair can look healthier than long hair, as it requires less maintenance and is easier to keep clean and free of split ends. However, it’s important to remember that both long and short hair can look healthy and stylish with the right products and styling tools.
Article by Guest Writer: Taylor Dunne