2020 was a hectic year even with most of the world being locked in on home confinement. As we spend more time at home, we’re inspired to look back at popular and trendsetting celebrity hair transformations. Fret not, even staying at home cannot break our spirit. Many studies find that dressing up rather than staying in your PJs, trying a new hair-do – an overall good look has the magical ability to boost your confidence, productivity, energy, optimism, and much more. A win-win situation!
As you may know, Iles Formula was founded by award-winning celebrity and royal hairdresser, Wendy Iles. For you, Wendy shares her exclusive tips and tricks, best tools, products, and simple steps. Read on for: Home Hair Care Series: Best Step-By-Step Celebrity-Inspired Hairstyles.
1. Heidi Klum’s Beach Waves
A long-time friend and hairstylist of Heidi’s, Wendy has styled Heidi on numerous occasions from the Vanity Fair’s Oscar After Party to her own show on Germany’s Next Top Model. The beach waves are the best organically textured hairstyles that looks effortless yet chic. Whether you’re getting ready for a Zoom meeting, lesson or even just working at home, we promise you, this style will never go out of style.
Tools you’ll need:
- Heat protection serum – Iles Formula Finishing Serum
- A flat iron or curling iron – typically 1 ¼ and ½ inch are the best sizes. (We love the GHD curling iron).
- Wide-tooth comb – Iles Formula Distribution Comb
Let’s get to it with the easy steps below!
- Begin by drying your hair after applying our Iles Formula Finishing Serum to the mid-length and ends. The best products used by Wendy is a Dyson or Harry Josh dryer.
- Beginning from the bottom, take 1-inch sections. Place the iron 3 inches from the root area, close the tong clamp, and twist half to fully around 1 time. We like to make this movement away from the face. Allow it to sit for 3 seconds then, move the iron down in a sliding movement to about 2 to 3 inches and repeat.
- In other words, there is a gap of no-curl between the curl movements you make. Repeat the process again, until you reach the ends, leaving out at least an inch of the ends of your hair. Note that the ends should not be curly, but not straight either, so fine-tune them by sliding the tong through them, but not curling them.
- Allow all of the twists to cool in place.
- Once you’ve finished with your entire head, use your Iles Formula Distribution Comb to comb out all of the twists you have created. Finalize using your fingers to detail the waves. If you find it’s a little too curly, just blast the hair all over for about 30 seconds with a burst of hot air from your dryer. It works every time.
- Apply our Finishing Serum to add separation to the waves and, if you normally use a hair texturizing spray, we suggest skipping that step and just using more of our serum by piecing it on the strands and allowing it to dry in naturally as Wendy did on Heidi’s beach waves above. This will deliver the most sumptuous touchable hair texture and help the style to last all day while protecting hair from the elements.
Read more about it here: https://ilesformula.com/a-step-by-step-guide-to-heidi-klum-beach-waves/
2. Marion Cotillard’s Effortless Lob
Photo credit: Getty
For the 70th Cannes Film Festival, Wendy was her appointed hairstylist producing this stunning blurred wave hairstyle that Marion spotted on the red carpet.
Tools you’ll need:
- Hairdryer – Wendy prefers the Dyson
- Hair protection – Iles Formula Finishing Serum
- Large/medium-sized curling iron
Learn this chic, easy hair-do now:
- After shampooing, tilt the head forward to blow dry the roots. This is the perfect technique to boost volume. Consider the Dyson hairdryer – its high-tech abilities reduce static electricity that happens when hair is blow-dried.
- Draw a slightly off-center line brushing from the neck upwards and apply the Iles Formula Finishing Serum to the lengths ONLY to protect against heat.
- Alternate between a large or medium curling iron and randomly grab sections to curl.
- Simply use the hairdryer to pump up the hair messing it slightly WITHOUT a brush (only with your fingers) to let the curls fall freely.
Read more Marion’s Red Carpet hair look: https://ilesformula.com/vogue-wendy-s-step-by-step-to-marion-cotillard-red-carpet-hair/
Extra Tip from Wendy: Always use a hair protectant serum or spray, it is the golden rule I have. With celebrities, the amount of work their hair goes through can be easily damaged from coloring, highlights, blow-drying, curling, straightening – the list goes on. Consider serums like the Iles Formula Finishing Serum which offers heat, UV, humidity protection. My celebrities, Marion and Heidi don’t go anywhere without them!
Why not make this a ritual? Whether you’re working from home, online learning, or anything else, grab your favorite hair tools and Iles Formula hair care and try out these hairstyles to brighten up your mood! Don’t forget to share with us which hairstyle you chose by tagging us on social media @ilesformula_hair and #ilesformula.