Hair Treatment For Damaged Hair Without Breaking The Bank
We're all guilty of chasing the latest hair trends, doing whatever it takes to get that flawless, insta-worthy look. It's a never-ending cycle of dyeing, bleaching, and heat styling our way to the top, often at the expense of our precious locks.
Even our everyday hair care habits might sabotage our hair, leaving it brittle and riddled with breakage and split ends. But don’t worry, we’ve got the scoop on solutions to help you bring back your hair's health and lustre!
Restore your damaged hair to its former glory with our signature Iles Formula Collection!
What Exactly Is Hair Damage?
Hair damage is a common problem caused by heat styling, bleaching, chemical dyes, and environmental aggressors; most commonly caused by UV. When hair suffers damage, the outer cuticle layer responsible for protecting the hair shaft is compromised, leading to dryness, brittleness, and increased breakage.
Split ends and excessive shedding are other consequences of hair damage. Split ends arise when hair that is not its healthiest form is over brushed, over styled or, not protected adequately from heated tools. While excessive shedding results from damaged or compromised hair follicles, potentially causing thinning and balding.
Environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, and chlorine can also damage your hair, making it brittle and dry.
Hair Loss vs. Hair Breakage
There is often confusion between the two as they both give the impression of a reduction in hair density. While they are in fact two separate issues, unfortunately, some do suffer from both. Here’s how to break it down.
- The Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster specifically targets Hair Loss
- The Iles Formula Shampoo + Conditioner stops Hair Breakage
What Are The Types Of Hair Damage?
There are several types of hair damage, each with unique characteristics and causes. Understanding the different types will help you take the necessary steps to prevent and repair them, restoring your hair's health and preventing further damage.
Dull And Dry Hair
Caused by rough and damaged cuticles, dull and dry hair can be attributed to over-processing, heat styling without proper heat protection, and environmental damage caused by harmful UV rays etc. This type of damage leaves your hair looking dull and lifeless.
Knotting and matting of hair makes it difficult to style and comb. Tangles often result from using the wrong type of brush or comb, excessive product use, or the use of heat styling tools without adequate heat protections. Tangles can be difficult to manage and can further exacerbate hair breakage, and even hair loss.
Frizz is characterized by dry, unruly, flyaway strands. It is most often caused by environmental factors such as humidity, or by improper hair care techniques such as over-washing, static build up caused through towels, brushes or even just accumulated over the course of the day
To tackle frizz today take a look at the Iles Formula Finishing Serum, Curl Revive, and Hair Turban Towel.
Brittleness And Breakage
Brittleness and breakage are two of the most common signs of damaged hair. Brittleness is when the hair becomes weak, dry, and prone to snapping off. Breakage is when the hair is so damaged that it breaks off in chunks.
Both conditions can be caused by environmental assault but more commonly today home care that deposits keratin, proteins and especially damaging are homecare promoting the use of bondings and peptides. These build up and in most cases break hair off.
What Causes Hair Damage?
From environmental exposure to excessive heat styling and chemical treatments, or overload of bonds, peptides, keratin, or protein – there's no shortage of factors that can cause hair damage. Let's explore the main offenders and find out how to treat damaged hair.
The Iles Formula Shampoo and Iles Formula Conditioner actually soften up brittle breaking hair from the first use.
- Be sure when shampooing to use more water and friction to wake up the active ingredient that replaces sulfates and delivers an abundance of mousse.
- Be sure to distribute all the mousse through to ends and hold there for a good minute, repeat again and rinse very well.
- Water is key.
- Next wet brush through the conditioner – the softening effect will be an INSTANT rinse.
- This should be the first problem you address before heat protection.
For environmental damage, see how the Iles Formula Finishing Serum works, a favorite of freelance hairdressers on professional photo and film shoots.
This formula is the ultimate protector against all environmental assaults; Heated Tools (up to 450℉) + UV + Humidity + Color Fade. Applied to wet and dry hair, this serum delivers an organic memory and spun silk suppleness to the hair.
Heat styling tools like curling irons, flat irons, and blow dryers are among the most common causes of hair damage.
Keep the temperature of your styling tools as low as possible and limit the time you spend on each hair section. Opt for a natural bristle brush instead of synthetic ones, and steer clear of metal brushes.
To shield your hair from the scorching heat, invest in a quality heat protectant and use a Finishing Serum.
Bleaching lightens hair by stripping it of its natural pigment with the help of an oxidizing agent, like hydrogen peroxide. While it can create stunning looks, it is a big offender in causing dryness and brittleness and porosity especially found in blondes.
Before bleaching, ensure your hair is in good shape. If it's already dry or damaged, it's best to avoid bleaching. Use a deep conditioning treatment pre- and post-bleaching, and follow the instructions of a quality product to a tee. For scalp issues caused by bleach, Use the Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster and the Iles Formula Hair Mask.
The Iles Formula Shampoo is also a colorist's best friend as it buffs over porosity bars, making the colorist's job easier and the client's hair will be in better condition after. Always follow up with Iles Formula Conditioner as hair after color is no longer in a virgin state and needs special home care.
Chemical dyes can help you achieve your dream hair color, but they can also cause dryness, porosity, brittleness, and breakage. Harsh chemicals in the dyes can strip your hair (and scalp) of natural oils and damage the cuticle.
To reduce damage, consider semi-permanent or temporary dyes instead, and protect your hair with deep conditioning treatments before and after dyeing.
To experience the ultimate deep conditioning treatment, check out Iles Formula's Hair Mask Haute Performance.
How Do You Treat Damaged Hair?
Now let's dive into how you can breathe life back into your damaged hair and restore its health.
Hair Care Routine
A good hair care routine will help to keep your hair looking and feeling its best, and can also prevent further damage. Here are some tips for creating a hair care routine that works for you:
- Cleanse your hair regularly: Wash your hair to eliminate dirt, oil, and product buildup, promoting a healthy scalp. Use a mild, pH balanced shampoo and conditioner that is specifically formulated for your hair type.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment: Deep conditioning treatments keep your hair hydrated and strong. Look for a product that is designed to nourish and repair damaged hair.
- Protect your hair before heat styling: Excessive heat styling can wreak havoc on your hair. If you need to use heat styling tools, make sure to use a heat protectant and lower temperature settings.
- Protect your hair from the sun: Sun exposure can cause serious damage to your hair, so make sure to wear a hat or use a UV protective spray when you’re out in the sun.
- Eat a healthy diet: Make sure to get plenty of protein, vitamins, and minerals in your diet to help keep your hair looking its best.
- Trim your hair regularly: Trimming prevents split ends and further damage, keeping your hair in top shape.
Apply Hair Serum
Hair serums nourish, protect, and fortify your hair while sealing split ends, taming frizz, and guarding against heat damage. Apply serum to clean, towel-dried hair, starting with a small amount in your hands, and massage gently from the ends up to the roots.
The Iles Formula Finishing Serum Haute Performance is the perfect choice for all ages and hair types. Our protective styling formulation delivers an organic memory and spun silk suppleness to the hair to prevent damage from:
- Heated Tools (up to 450F)
- Color Fade
Use the Iles Formula Conditioner Distribution Comb for even distribution. It’s gentle on wet hair and prevents frizz and static.
Trim Your Hair
Trims are crucial for repairing and restoring damaged hair. They eliminate split ends and can prevent further damage, giving your hair a more lustrous and healthier appearance.
Derived from natural sources, hair oils are rich in fatty acids and antioxidants. They lock in moisture and defend against environmental damage.
It's essential to pick the right oil for your hair type to get the most out of your hair care routine. Here's a quick guide:
- Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil - Strengthens hair and skin by forming/maintaining the cell membrane. This creates a protective barrier from environmental hazards.
- Polymnia Sonchifolia Root - Acts a natural moisturizer thanks to the essential amino acids. This can then help with collagen and elastin production.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil - A natural hydrator, macadamia oil works to moisturize the scalp, regulate oil production, and boost lustre.
- Pracaxi Oil - Wonderful for conditioning, this oil is beneficial for managing frizz, adding overall lustre to hair, and protecting from environmental damage.
To use hair oils, pour a small amount onto your palms and gently massage it into your scalp and hair. Start at the roots and work your way down to the ends. Hair oils can be used as pre-shampoo treatments, leave-in conditioners, or styling products.
Budget-Friendly Solutions For Damaged Hair
Don't let damaged hair weigh you down or empty your wallet. We've got some tips and tricks to help you restore your hair's health without breaking the bank.
With Iles Formula, a little goes a long way thanks to the 3 Step System. This means you get the quality products you need without running to the store every few weeks or spending time shopping endlessly online. For example, our 200ml bottle can last around 2 months depending on length of hair and use (twice a week in most cases).
To start earning, learning, and saving sign up for the Iles Formula Rewards.
Use A Deep Conditioning Treatment
Deep conditioning treatments act like hair masks, nourishing and moisturizing your locks while repairing any damage. They're especially helpful for dry, brittle, or damaged hair, as they replenish moisture and add lustre.
To get the most out of your deep conditioning treatment, shampoo your hair first and then apply the treatment to damp hair. Ensure even distribution throughout your hair and leave it on for the recommended time then rinse thoroughly. Importantly, lock in with the conditioner thereafter.
To experience the ultimate deep conditioning treatment, check out the Iles Formula Hair Mask Haute Performance.
Use A Gentle Shampoo
Using a gentle, perfectly pH balanced shampoo is one of the most important budget-friendly solutions for damaged hair. Iles Formula Shampoo Haute Performance is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and chemical-free formula that cleanses without stripping color or drying the hair out. It also contains Vitamin B5 which increases the hair's pliability, helping your hair withstand breakage.
When shampooing, use lukewarm water, and massage your scalp gently with your fingertips. Add more water, not more product to create the lather which is where all the hair repair happens.
Follow up with the Iles Formula Conditioner Haute Performance to further prevent breakage and watch as the dullness, frizz, and rough texture disappear.
Air Dry Your Hair
Air drying your hair is a wallet-friendly way to repair damaged hair. Not only does it save on energy costs, but it also helps reduce heat damage caused by blow-drying.
When air drying, start by gently squeezing out excess water and detangling your hair using a wide-tooth comb to better distribute product.
Use the Iles Formula Hair Turban Towel, an extra absorbent, luxuriously soft, microfibre towel that gently dries hair fast without friction, reducing static, frizz, and breakage.
Protect Your Hair From The Sun
Sun damage can cause your hair to become dry, brittle, and discolored. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to protect your hair from the sun's harmful rays.
- Wear a hat or scarf: Cover your hair with a hat or scarf to block out damaging rays and prevent your hair from overheating. If you're swimming, use a swim cap or leave-in conditioner, or even our Finishing Serum to protect your hair from pool chlorine.
- Use UV protection products: Select hair care products containing UV protection
- Avoid heat-styling tools: The combination of heat and sun can be extremely damaging to your hair. If you must use heat-syling tools, make sure to apply a heat protectant beforehand to minimize damage.
Try the Iles Formula Twilly Hair Tie – handmade in France with 100% silk, this is a limited edition item that celebrates and supports young talented artists like Noémie Lacroix.
Eat A Healthy Diet
Consuming the right foods can help nourish your hair, restoring its strength and shine.
- Prioritize protein: Protein is vital for strong, healthy hair. Include lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, nuts, and seeds in your diet to stimulate hair growth, reduce breakage, and maintain hair health.
- Get essential vitamins and minerals: Vitamins A, C, and E promote hair growth and can be found in foods like carrots, oranges, spinach, and sweet potatoes. Iron, zinc, and biotin also support hair health and can be found in spinach, pumpkin seeds, and salmon.
- Keep your scalp healthy: Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables helps keep your scalp hydrated and reduces dandruff. Omega-3 fatty acids, found in salmon and walnuts, reduce inflammation and promote a healthy scalp.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water is crucial for healthy hair. Staying hydrated helps keep your scalp hydrated and promotes hair growth.
Other Homemade Mask Treatments
Depending on your hair's needs, you can create a custom mask using simple ingredients from your kitchen.
- Dry and brittle hair: Combine one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of olive oil, and one egg yolk. Apply the mask to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Oily hair: Mix one mashed banana with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of plain yogurt. Massage the mask into your scalp and hair, leaving it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Frizzy hair: Mash one avocado and mix with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mask to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Dull and lifeless hair: Combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply the mask to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Try Our New Hair Treatment To Help Repair Your Damaged Hair Without Breaking The Bank!
Are you searching for an affordable solution to revive your damaged hair?
Iles Formula Hair Mask Haute Performance is formulated to repair and rejuvenate your hair without breaking the bank.
This mask is a sumptuous cocktail of sustainably sourced, raw, virgin ingredients and vitamins infused to deliver excellent scalp care alongside nurtured and strengthened strands without ever weighing the hair down.
Transform your hair from dull to dazzling with the mask, or try the Iles Formula Nurture Pack for a little bit of everything. This pack features all you need for an indulgent spa experience and nourished/strengthened hair.
Reviving damaged hair may seem like an uphill battle, but armed with the right know-how and wallet-friendly solutions, you can revive your hair's health. Prioritizing regular trims, indulging in deep conditioning treatments, opting for gentle shampoos, air-drying, and shielding your hair from the sun are all key steps in your hair repair journey.
Whipping up homemade masks, hair serums, and oils can work wonders in nourishing and safeguarding your hair. Adopting a wholesome diet and steering clear of harmful practices like heat styling and bleaching can further keep hair damage at bay.
With the right care and attention, your hair can bounce back to its former glory!
Experience hair transformation with the Iles Formula Haircare Collection and shop today.
What is the fastest way to repair damaged hair?
The fastest route to repairing damaged hair involves adopting a solid hair care routine, which includes using a gentle shampoo, deep conditioning treatments, and regular trims.
Nourish and protect your hair by applying hair serums or oils, and try homemade mask treatments to restore moisture and shine.
Don't forget that eating healthily and minimizing sun exposure can aid in repairing damaged hair.
For more intensive treatments, consider professional hair care services.
Can damaged hair grow again?
Yes, damaged hair can grow back, but it requires care and patience. First, determine the damage's cause and address it. If heat styling caused the damage, reduce the use of heated styling tools and protect your hair from the heat. If chemical treatments like bleaching or dyeing are the culprits, opt for products designed for color-treated hair.
With the right products, a consistent hair care routine, and a balanced diet, your damaged hair can grow back healthier and stronger. But remember, it takes time and patience to see results, so consistency is key.
Which shampoo is best for damaged hair?
Choose a shampoo specifically designed for damaged hair repair, as these products often contain proteins that help strengthen and restore the hair shaft. Avoid shampoos with harsh chemicals and fragrances, as they can irritate the scalp and cause further damage.
Pair your shampoo with a conditioner specifically designed for damaged hair and formulated with nourishing ingredients like tucuma butter, pracaxia oil, and panthenol.
Is damaged hair reversible?
Yes, damaged hair can be reversed, depending on the extent of the damage. Proper care and treatment can often repair hair that is dry, brittle, or broken due to heat styling, chemical dyes, or bleaching.
Start by trimming split ends, using a deep conditioning treatment, and choosing a gentle shampoo and conditioner to minimize damage. Applying hair masks and oils, protecting your hair from the sun, and eating a healthy diet can all help repair damaged hair, restoring it to its former beauty.
What does damaged hair look like?
Damaged hair can manifest in various ways, depending on the type and severity of the damage. Dry and brittle hair may appear dull, frizzy, and prone to split ends and breakage.
- Tangled hair might have a rough texture and be more susceptible to knots.
- Color-treated hair can exhibit a brassy or faded appearance, and severely damaged hair may be thin, weak, and noticeably broken.
- Hair exposed to excessive heat or chemical treatments may be brittle and prone to snapping.
Leave a comment