I know what you may be thinking, is hair botox a treatment that injects needles into the scalp? Rest assured, hair botox is not a surgical nor invasive treatment at all. It is a type of deep conditioning and smoothing treatment that can be done sitting comfortably in your salon chair or even at home.
- Hair Botox combines natural ingredients that work their magic by penetrating the hair shaft and repairing the hair from the inside out. It targets the cuticle and cortex of the hair to restore its health and strength. It seals the hair cuticle, reducing frizz and giving you that stunning shine.
- One of the many perks of Hair Botox is that it increases hair strength. It infuses your hair with a blend of proteins, vitamins, and amino acids that repair damaged hair and make it more resilient to damage, breakage, and heat styling.
- To ensure your hair stays healthy and nourished after your Hair Botox treatment, use Iles Formula's Exclusive Signature Collection. Our Conditioner Haute Performance is designed to hydrate and soften your hair, leaving it with a healthy shine.
- Following a Hair Botox treatment, avoid heat styling tools like flat irons or curling irons, as they can strip your hair of the treatment and cause damage.
What makes it a “Botox” treatment?
Hair botox is known as an anti-aging hair treatment. It can transform even the most damaged head of hair into smooth and lustrous locks. After washing and completely drying your hair, it is lathered with a deep conditioning treatment that are free from chemicals. It feeds your hair with 100% natural ingredients including proteins, vitamins, antioxidants and oils. The treatment is sealed into your hair with a flat iron. Afterwards, you will indulge in smooth, hydrated and rejuvenated hair.
One of the main benefits of getting hair botox is that your hair will become frizz-free and manageable for up to several months. Therefore, it is perfect for those who have to deal with hot and humid weather or over-processed hair from coloring and frequent use of heat tools.
Hair Botox vs. Keratin
Many people compare hair botox to keratin straightening treatment as they both are used to achieve smooth and manageable hair. Brazilian keratin treatments are very heavy on chemicals such as formaldehyde, which is a strong toxic chemical that is sometimes used in household products. It can cause skin irritation, allergies and dry out your hair. So, while it relaxes your hair to become more manageable, it is more damaging to the health of your hair.
Hair botox is a type of deep-conditioning treatment so your hair will feel smoother and more hydrated than getting a keratin treatment. Plus, you do not need to wait 3 days for the keratin to seal in. So you can wash your hair or jump into a pool on the same day if you’d like.
Smooth Hair with Home Care
Once you have a treatment like either of above done, home care is vital. You may even consider doing a repair treatment like the Iles Formula Nurture Pack before going the step further as above. These formulas have the power to transform dry, broken hair to sumptuous silk just in a shampoo and condition treatment. In fact, what happens here is true repair. The hair shaft is the main focus closing down all cuticles that are interrupting the hairs texture, delivering soft, repaired lustrous hair from the first use.
- Shampoo your hair twice, the Iles shampoo has ingredients that nurture hair, the shampoo is sulfate free + silicon free + paraben free. All one needs to do is add more water not more product. The water is the key to wake up the root extract that delivers the important ingredients that nurture the hair.
- Apply the Iles hair mask which is a cocktail of raw virgin ingredients infused with vitamins so apply liberally to hair and scalp. Leave on for 5 to 20 minutes
- Rinse and apply the conditioner. The Iles conditioner works like no other. It does not coat the hair shaft with keratin or protein. It functions by shutting down tight the hair cuticles. Regardless if you do a keratin treatment or a botox treatment or not, this conditioner is the jewel for all home care.
- Comb the conditioner through for even distribution. All knots, tangles and snags will just ease away, being the first sign of the luscious silk you are about to experience.
- Remember this is an advanced home care treatment, not a permanent keratin or protein treatment but should most certainly follow these treatments. In case of doubt, if you are to do a keratin or botox treatment start with this home care. It may be all you need to repair and control unwanted frizz
How many times can I Botox my hair?
Generally, it's recommended to wait at least 8-10 weeks between Botox treatments, giving your hair time to recover and ensuring treatment effectiveness. However, if your hair is in particularly bad condition, you might need to wait a bit longer before another treatment.
Is Botox hair treatment expensive?
The cost of Botox hair treatment varies depending on the salon and your hair's length and thickness. You can expect prices to range from $100 to $300, but again, this depends largely on the circumstances.
Does Botox increase hair growth?
While Botox hair treatment doesn't increase hair growth, it can make your hair appear fuller and thicker. The treatment repairs damaged hair and reduces frizz, giving your hair a fuller, healthier look.
Can I oil my hair after Botox?
Yes, you can oil your hair after a Botox treatment. Just make sure to use a light oil free from harsh chemicals, which can damage your hair. Also, avoid oiling your hair too often, as this can weigh it down and make it look greasy.