If you have damaged hair, you know exactly how frustrating it is to manage and style. And maybe you’ve already tried a lot of shampoos and conditioners but to no avail, the damage is still there! But we’ll let you in on a secret…
We know precisely which ingredients and products can help repair your damaged hair. Are you ready? Because we’re about to discuss: Operation Hair Rescue!
What Exactly Is Damaged Hair?
So, how do you know if you have damaged hair? Let’s first define what it is.
When your hair has been weakened, dehydrated, and stripped of its natural oils due to environmental factors, chemical treatments, or excessive styling without adequate heat protection, that’s when you know you have damaged hair. It can be brittle, dry, and more prone to breakage.
Moreover, your hair will look like it lacks luster and elasticity which definitely makes it more difficult to manage.1
To understand this better, here are several types of damaged hair:
Split ends occur when the protective outer layer of the hair shaft is stripped away, leaving the inner core exposed. This can be caused by over-brushing, excessive heat styling without adequate protection, or chemical treatments.
Breakage is when the hair shaft snaps due to excessive strain or manipulation or certain ingredients which overload the hair shaft. See the Iles Formula Signature Collection for the full DNA of Iles Formula and the instant hair repair it delivers with the Shampoo (Cleanse), + Conditioner (Repair) + Finishing Serum (Protect) + Conditioner Distribution Comb.
Heat damage is caused by frequent use of hot tools like blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons, which can dry out the hair leaving it frizzy. Try our Iles Formula Finishing Serum to protect hair from heated tools, UV, color fade, and humidity.
Color damage is caused by hair dyeing and bleaching, which basically weakens the hair and makes it more prone to hair breakage.
Damaged hair comes in many forms and identifying which type it is makes it easier to find the right products to repair the damage.
Hair Loss vs. Hair Breakage
There is often confusion between the two as they both give the impression of a reduction in hair density. While they are in fact two separate issues, unfortunately, some do suffer from both. Here’s how to break it down.
- The Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster specifically targets Hair Loss
Benefits Of Using Hair Products For Damaged Hair
If you think the only way out of damaged hair is through cutting it, then you’re mistaken! Using hair products alone can have positive impacts on your hair such as:
1. Improved Hair Health: Hair products for damaged hair are formulated with nourishing ingredients that help to strengthen and protect the hair ultimately making it healthy.
2. Reduced Frizz: Damaged hair tends to be more prone to frizz but if you use the right hair products, you can shoo away the frizz and flyaways!
Struggling with frizzy, brittle hair? Our Finishing Serum is powerfully formulated to transform dry, brittle hair into sumptuous silk by blow drying it into wet hair.
The perfect start to styling your next beach wave or chignon (or any updo for that matter)!
The Iles Formula Finishing Serum serves as the ultimate protector against all environmental assaults including:
With hand-picked, sustainably sourced and custom blended ingredients including vitamins, nut oils, silk and ceramide, you can feed your hair with nothing but goodness!
3. Softer Hair: Regular use of hair products that target dryness and brittleness can help restore moisture and make your hair softer, therefore less prone to breakage.
4. Faster Growth: If you don't want anything to get in the way of your hair growth, use specially designed hair products to combat damaged hair as it can slow down your hair’s growth process. The Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster
5. Less Split Ends: Split ends are one of the most common issues associated with damaged hair. By simply applying performance hair products, you can reduce split ends and keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant.
If you’re looking to reduce split ends, soften frizz, and moisturize dry hair, let Iles Formula take care of those! Shop through our premium hair care products and see the DNA of Iles Formula in action.
How To Repair Damaged Hair Quickly And Easily
Walking around with damaged hair not only causes frustration but sometimes it can also be a source of embarrassment. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to restore your hair to its former glory.
1. Utilize A Moisture-Rich Hair Color
When your hair is damaged, it means it has lost most of its natural moisture and needs to be replenished. Using a moisture-rich hair color helps restore the natural moisture balance in your hair, making it look healthy and fab.
Remember, after you have applied the hair color, you should also use a hair mask, like the vitamin infused Iles Formula Hair Mask to help further nourish and strengthen your hair.
2. Invest In A Great Brush To Avoid Breakage
Look for a brush that has natural bristles, as these are gentler on your hair. And for detangling your hair, you might want to get a wide-toothed comb that can evenly distribute moisture and conditioner exactly with the Iles Formula Conditioner Distribution Comb.
3. Do Not Brush Damp Hair
Wet hair is more elastic, meaning that it is more likely to stretch and break when brushed. Your hair is basically more fragile and prone to breakage than when it is dry.2
To avoid this, use a wide-toothed comb or a wet brush made specifically for. this purpose.
Iles Formula Tip: Start brushing from the ends of the hair and work your way up to the roots. This will help avoid tugging and pulling on the roots which can be painful and more damaging.
What To Look For In The Best Hair Products For Damaged Hair
Repairing damaged hair requires finding the best hair care products. To make sure you get only the best, here are some items to keep in mind:
Most hair products these days contain strong and harsh chemicals that promise to fix your damaged hair. But the truth is, not all of these are effective and can even worsen your hair’s situation. Read below how gentle, well-sourced ingredients from Iles Formula make quite the difference!
Iles Formula is as committed to nurturing the hair as we are to nurturing the environment, only working with responsibly sourced, raw, clean ingredients.
Following a decade of scouring the globe, Wendy has identified rare, unique and often proprietary ingredients which are a part of the secret behind the Iles Formula signature spun silk finish. Meticulously blended, these powerful ingredient blends and complexes provide instant repair results. All products are:
Sulfate Free + Silicone Free + Paraben Free + Phthalate Free + Cruelty Free
In the process of repairing damaged hair, time will not alway be on your side. Think about the results you want to achieve and consider the severity of the damage in your hair as these two factors will define how long to repair your damaged hair.
It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to see noticeable changes but be patient and consistent when using hair products for damaged hair in order to achieve your desired outcome. The Iles Formula Shampoo + Iles Formula Conditioner provide instant repair to even the most damaged hair.
Our unique formulation prevents breakage by never creating a build up of any harmful residue and overload of keratin, proteins, and bond builders. This means instant transformation and repair, with even the most damaged, straw like hair – turning into sumptuous spun silk perfection. All without ever weighing the hair down!
Iles Formula Best Hair Products For Damaged Hair
Finding the best hair care products for repairing damaged hair doesn’t have to be tedious and time-consuming. That’s why we’re here!
Iles Formula is your one-stop shop for all of your hair care needs. We have a wide range of products expertly designed to improve your hair’s overall health.
Iles Formula Signature Collection
The Iles Formula Signature Collection is the perfect choice for those looking to repair damaged hair.
It includes a shampoo, conditioner, and a finishing serum all specifically designed to help repair damaged hair.
- Cleanse with the Shampoo: The shampoo is formulated to gently cleanse your hair while providing hydration and starting the hair repair process..
- Repair with the Conditioner: Helps nourish your hair, further restore its moisture while. Instantly shuts down the hair cuticle to repair the hair.
- Protect with the Finishing Serum: Can be applied to wet or dry hair giving your hair protection against further damage from heated tools and extreme environmental factors like UV exposure.
The Minis From Iles Formula
The environmental aggressors that contribute to hair damage are particuarly harsh during the summer months. Remember, The Minis are the perfect choice for you on your travels. The Mini Iles Formula Essentials For All Hair Types collection includes a Shampoo, Conditioner, and a Finishing Serum in 50ml travel friendly sizes.
This extremely convenient and affordable collection is sulfate free, silicone free, paraben free, and phthalate free, so you can rest assured that these formulas are gentle to your hair while making it sumptuous, lustrous, and nurtured without ever weighing it down.
Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster
The Iles Formula Scalp + Hair Rejuvenating Booster is an innovative formula that boasts exceptional results. It is a powerful leave-in treatment featuring Procapil™️ that reduces the signs of hair loss, and boosts growth of thicker and stronger hair.
It’s drug-free, residue-free, completely vegan, and very gentle on the scalp. Just spray generously and evenly to a damp or dry scalp every day, massage to activate circulation, and use this treatment daily for a minimum of 3 months.
Damaged hair can have negative impacts on your self confidence and let’s be honest, it can make your hair trickier to style and manage. Knowing the best hair rescue products is key to unlocking the solution for your damaged hair. With consistency and a little bit of patience, you can restore your hair’s health and lustre in no time.
Want to know more fun facts about your hair? Check out our latest blogs:
- Understanding The Causes Of Hair Loss And How To Tackle It
- The Main Causes Of Hair Breakage And How To Prevent It
- The Importance Of Scalp Health
How long does it take to repair damaged hair?
The amount of time it takes to repair damaged hair depends on the severity of the damage. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to restore your hair to its former glory.
However, using the right products and following a healthy hair care routine can help speed up the process. It’s important to note that while severely damaged hair may require a few applications, the Iles Formula Shampoo + Iles Formula Conditioner will instantly repair damaged hair due to the sustainably sourced, antioxidant-rich ingredients.
How do you repair your damaged hair and help it grow?
To repair damaged hair and help it grow, you should focus on restoring the health of your hair and scalp. Start by using a deep conditioning treatment like our Iles Formula Hair Mask once a week and using a shampoo and conditioner that are designed for damaged hair.
How often should I use hair repair products?
The frequency of use for hair repair products depends on the type of product you are using. Generally, you should use use a leave-in treatment or Hair Mask once a week or as often as needed.
What does healthy hair look like?
Healthy hair is strong and lustrous with minimal split ends. It should have a natural bounce and texture, and should be easy to style. Additionally, healthy hair should not be prone to breakage or excessive shedding.
Does damaged hair heal on its own?
No, damaged hair does not heal on its own. Hair is made up of dead cells and is not a living tissue with regenerative ability so it cannot heal or repair itself on its own.
- Ferreira, M. (2023, April 21). How to repair damaged hair: Common causes and treatments. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-to-repair-damaged-hair#takeaway
- Velasco, M. V. R., Dias, T. C. de S., Freitas, A. Z. de, Júnior, N. D. V., Pinto, C. A. S. de O., Kaneko, T. M., & Baby, A. R. (2009, March 1). Hair fiber characteristics and methods to evaluate hair physical and mechanical properties. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. https://www.scielo.br/j/bjps/a/XZrwDJrKKXh4Q3JwswHJ4vq/
- Wortmann, F., Wortmann, G., & Sripho, T. (2019, October 14). Why is hair curly?—deductions from the ... - wiley online library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/exd.14048
- Vinall, M. (2020, October 28). Shampoo ingredients for different hair needs: What to look for. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/shampoo-ingredients-for-different-hair-needs